Where to buy Felco Pruners?
I had a pair of Felco pruners (the original - #2) but lost them last fall. I need to replace them but I'm wondering if there is really a big difference between #2 and #5. I'm not a professional, gardening is just a hobby.
I have used Felco 2 for over 25 yrs and wouldn't have another style. I have more than once pruned a whole orchard of fruit trees with nothing more than these hand pruners. I haven't had to replaced or sharpen the blade in 3 yrs. The #2 will last forever!
Where to buy Felco Pruners Right Now on eBay
Cool Tools: Pruners Felco #2 - and other options
These small and lightweight pruners work well for small hands and small snippings, and have useful thumb safety clips - but don't expect the tools to be heirlooms.
10 top tools you'll need to conquer the landscape
- Whatever your needs, a well-appointed garden shop can make the search for affordable containers, top-of-the-line pruners, elegant colored gravel, and other outdoor goods, ahem, sow easy. Here are the places that delve into all manner of landscaping.
- Anvil pruners make more crushing cuts. Again, you can get cheap ones for under $10 that are often plastic-handled and go dull fast, or you can spring for $50 and up on ergonomic, re-sharpenable, last-a-lifetime versions, such as the Felco brand that
- Bypass pruners and loppers tend to be preferred by nurserymen, their scissors-like action enabling cleaner, closer cuts. High quality pruners, like the Swiss-made Felco, are worth the additional cost for their durability, precision, and the fact that
- FELCO PRUNER, $85, Sprout Home “This all-purpose tool is great for cutting back perennials, and through burlap or small wire. Be sure to go with the scissors, or bypass, style rather than the anvil.” -Tim Johnson, director of horticulture, Chicago
- Available at Rosedale Nurseries, 51 Saw Mill River Rd, Hawthorne (914) 769-1300, $15. Felco 2 Pruner. This Swiss-made tool has replaceable parts. Yes, it's a little more expensive than other pruners, but a Felco is worth it. Plus, there are models for