Where to buy Felco Pruners?
I had a pair of Felco pruners (the original - #2) but lost them last fall. I need to replace them but I'm wondering if there is really a big difference between #2 and #5. I'm not a professional, gardening is just a hobby.
I have used Felco 2 for over 25 yrs and wouldn't have another style. I have more than once pruned a whole orchard of fruit trees with nothing more than these hand pruners. I haven't had to replaced or sharpen the blade in 3 yrs. The #2 will last forever!
Where to buy Felco Pruners Right Now on eBay
Cool Tools: Pruners Felco #2 - and other options
These small and lightweight pruners work well for small hands and small snippings, and have useful thumb safety clips - but don't expect the tools to be heirlooms.
What you need for a perfect flower arrangement
- A: A great pair of clippers (I use Felco pruners) is a good place to start. If you feel comfortable using a floral knife, this is the standard tool, but clippers and pruners are good as you're getting started. Just be sure to keep them sharp. Beyond
- Indoors or out, flowers can make a statement. Jennifer “Jo” Oliver, co-founder of Highway to Hill Flowers, offered plenty of expert advice for displaying blooms outside in this week's Local Living cover story on outdoor entertaining. She also shared
- Hand pruner: For everything from clipping overgrown bushes to removing spent flowers so a plant can produce more blooms, you'll want a good set of bypass pruners, such as those made by Felco ($53 at homedepot.com). Hand tool set: Look for heavy-duty
- For cutting flowers and light deadheading, he uses a small hand pruner or secateur, as they are known in England. His personal favorite is Felco's #6 bypass pruner, a first choice of many florists, with a small cutting head that reaches easily into
- Final cleanup was with my Fiskars Powergear lopper and Felco pruning shears. (That's a lot of product recommendations, but I highly recommend all of them.) So what was I left with when I was done pruning? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Well, not really; the roots