Where to buy Felco Pruners?
I had a pair of Felco pruners (the original - #2) but lost them last fall. I need to replace them but I'm wondering if there is really a big difference between #2 and #5. I'm not a professional, gardening is just a hobby.
I have used Felco 2 for over 25 yrs and wouldn't have another style. I have more than once pruned a whole orchard of fruit trees with nothing more than these hand pruners. I haven't had to replaced or sharpen the blade in 3 yrs. The #2 will last forever!
Where to buy Felco Pruners Right Now on eBay
Cool Tools: Pruners Felco #2 - and other options
These small and lightweight pruners work well for small hands and small snippings, and have useful thumb safety clips - but don't expect the tools to be heirlooms.
Garden Variety: 5 essential garden tools
- I used Felco pruners for years but in the last 4 or 5, I have begun using French made pruners. They seem to hold a sharp edge better and have a large cutting head. I keep my tools sharpened and cleaned and add a coating of 3-in-1 oil on them to inhibit
- Bypass pruners also make a cleaner and more precise cut than anvil pruners. When selecting brand, look for something that fits your hand well and has high-quality construction. A good pair of pruners can last a lifetime! Felco and Corona brands have
- I have a fantastic gardening shed. A sturdy, practical shed was one of the “must haves” on my list when we bought our home. It's nothing fancy, and was probably built by the previous owner. But it has four walls, a good roof, one window, and thanks to
- Bypass hand pruners, designed to cut branches less than 1 inch wide, often snip more than stems. They slice rope, twine and even chicken wire—or at least, the ones in our test did. Unfair? Maybe—but the results were revealing. And, yes, shrubbery was
- Pruners or backpack sprayer - "Gifts? Well, how about a nice pair of Felcos," said Neil Bell, an Extension horticulturist in Marion and Polk counties. "Everyone with a garden needs to prune something and those are excellent and not cheap!" He also