Where to buy Felco Pruners?
I had a pair of Felco pruners (the original - #2) but lost them last fall. I need to replace them but I'm wondering if there is really a big difference between #2 and #5. I'm not a professional, gardening is just a hobby.
I have used Felco 2 for over 25 yrs and wouldn't have another style. I have more than once pruned a whole orchard of fruit trees with nothing more than these hand pruners. I haven't had to replaced or sharpen the blade in 3 yrs. The #2 will last forever!
Where to buy Felco Pruners Right Now on eBay
Cool Tools: Pruners Felco #2 - and other options
These small and lightweight pruners work well for small hands and small snippings, and have useful thumb safety clips - but don't expect the tools to be heirlooms.
This Week in the Garden: Think garden when shopping for your sweetie
- When my hands are aching from the cold, I daydream about pushing my hands into a pair of well-worn garden gloves, grabbing the Felco pruners and venturing out for a summer afternoon in the garden. In the meantime, Green Scene's popular annual
- Beyer also suggested that any of the Felco pruners would be a welcome gift (he stocks all the models including ergonomic and left-handed versions). He also likes the classically tuned wind chimes made by “Music of the Spheres” that come in many sizes
- The countywide competition highlights the quality, skill and speed of top Napa Valley vineyard pruners and contest winners are awarded cash prizes, tools and more. Contest supporters include A&J Vineyard Supply, California Grower Foundation, Crop
- Bypass pruners also make a cleaner and more precise cut than anvil pruners. When selecting brand, look for something that fits your hand well and has high-quality construction. A good pair of pruners can last a lifetime! Felco and Corona brands have
- I used Felco pruners for years but in the last 4 or 5, I have begun using French made pruners. They seem to hold a sharp edge better and have a large cutting head. I keep my tools sharpened and cleaned and add a coating of 3-in-1 oil on them to inhibit