Where to buy Nichrome Wire?
what is the stress and strain for nichrome wire?
Modulus is 2.2 × 10^11Pa
Not sure what exactly you need, but you can calc. a lot of what you need.
Where to buy Nichrome Wire Right Now on eBay
Nichrome wire is the preferred wire, because it has known electrical properties (resistance per foot, heat to amperage ratio, etc etc). But there is a bit of sag that occurs with nichrome wire, that is really difficult to eliminate at lengths greater than 2-3 feet....
NRL Invents CubeSat Release Mechanism: To Deploy Solar Panels, Tethers
- BUSINESS WIRE)--Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today announced that it will be showcasing its latest industry-leading Vishay Electro-Films (EFI) solutions at the 2015 Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC 2015), taking
- When a satellite is launched into space, there's sometimes room on the rocket for a few mini satellites to hitch a ride, too. Adam Thurn, an Aerospace Engineer at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), has invented a nichrome burn wire mechanism for
- (CNN) – A recruiter for the National Guard is behind bars accused of raping two women, but prosecutors say there could be thousands of more victims. Former army National Guard recruiter Robert Haas is already behind bars. He's charged with sexually
- These days talking about bombs will get you locked up or put on an NSA watch list. Back when I was in high school it could be a science fair project. These days you need a college degree to play with this stuff. I remember my first experience with
- December 17, 2010 - Capable of 500°F continuous and 600°F intermittent use, APC Teflon®-Coated Nichrome Wire provides non-stick surface in variety of plastics and packaging processing applications. Product will outlast plain nichrome resistance wire