Where to buy Nichrome Wire?
what is the stress and strain for nichrome wire?
Modulus is 2.2 × 10^11Pa
Not sure what exactly you need, but you can calc. a lot of what you need.
Where to buy Nichrome Wire Right Now on eBay
Nichrome wire is the preferred wire, because it has known electrical properties (resistance per foot, heat to amperage ratio, etc etc). But there is a bit of sag that occurs with nichrome wire, that is really difficult to eliminate at lengths greater than 2-3 feet....
'Smart capsule' is potential new drug-delivery vehicle
- When you think of amplifiers, you're probably thinking of audio or some big 'ol power amps for radios. While interesting, there are some very interesting 'alternative' amplifiers floating around hackaday.io that are more than just power amps, and
- WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — A new "smart capsule" under development could deliver medications directly to the large intestines to target certain medical conditions. "Usually, when you take medication it is absorbed in the stomach and small intestine before
- Add a bit of nichrome wire for the cutting element (this can be found in old hair dryers) onto where the laser assembly of the DVD rom once lived, and you have the mechanics done. Control is handled by an Arduino and some easy-driver modules to
- Titled Hot Wire Extensions, the designers - who together under the name Studio Ilio - developed an 3D printing process that begins with custom wire structures that are bent and formed from nichrome wire - an alloy of nickel, chromium and iron.
- Seongil Choi and Fabio Hendry – collectively known as Studio Ilio – worked together on the Hot Wire Extensions project, which uses a simple process to create solid objects. The process starts by building a shape from thin wire made from nichrome – an